Sunday, January 5, 2020

Testimonies and Strength

I felt a while ago like my testimony of the prophet Joseph smith wasn't as strong as it ought to be. So in addition to reading the Book of Mormon like normal, I read the Saints volume one, and specifically asked the Lord to strengthen my testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith.

The short story is that it happened. I prayed and felt the Holy Ghost. In fact, I felt very strongly that not only was Joseph a prophet, but that Emma was an equal to him, and that Hyrum was also a great man. I felt like they were three friends I had not seen for a while and had missed.

I also felt poorly about myself. Why would I ever be at a point that I would need my testimony strengthened?

Today in church I bore my testimony because I was hit by the realization and I think inspiration that it's perfectly okay for somebody to need their testimony strengthened, and for them to go for it. In fact, it's okay for somebody with a strong testimony to ask for and receive a more sure witness.

One doesn't need to feel badly about that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 Nephi 5

 When Nephi constructs the temple, they used what they had. (Verse 15) They couldn't construct the temple like Solomon did, with preciou...