Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Conference Talks

Last night, I was saying my prayers after Julianne had spent several minutes giving me some advice. She can be somewhat heavy-handed when she advises, though I prefer it that way. She's direct.

Anyway, while I was praying, I was asking the Lord what I should do, and the answer I got was in the form of a quote from President Nelson's talk to the brethren a few years ago: embrace both your wife and her counsel.

So I did. I took to heart what she said and resolved to follow through, which I did. Of course it went well.

But the other lesson from this is: from what I choose to fill my mind I will receive answers. Meaning, what if I hadn't ever read that talk? What if the quote running through my head was from a questionable movie/book/video? Better to spend a little time up front reading the talks and 'treasuring up the words' so that they're there when you need them.

This is reminding me of Elder Scott talking about scriptures. He refers to them as friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2 Nephi 5

 When Nephi constructs the temple, they used what they had. (Verse 15) They couldn't construct the temple like Solomon did, with preciou...