Thursday, December 27, 2018

David the recurring dream

Every so often, I have a dream about a weird guy named David. The setting is always the same. I'm a single man, a student at some college with brown buildings. David and some other people come visit and throw rocks at people. He always throws a rock at somebody I know at least in passing and who doesn't deserve it and hits them on the head. He's clearly trying to prove a point. Then he comes to talk to me. He's very ugly. wispy blond hair that is about chin length. it just falls limply around his greasy, grumpy face.  Blue vest, dark short-sleeve shirt, pants, no glasses, or maybe thin black glasses. He has the most infuriating low monotone voice. It is instantly apparent he has no friends, was bullied, and is trying to get back at all the popular or successful people like the ones who have wronged him.  He always has a bucket, which with he caries his big black rock that he throws at people, and then upon which he stands to tell me his message. This time, when standing on the 5-gallon bucket, he was still a couple inches shorter than me; I know because I got right in his face and folded my arms as if to let him know I thought he and his message were dirt.

I let him tell me what he wants to say, which always ends up being a very stupid message. I always reluctantly and very arrogantly give him time to tell me his message. This time, after much preamble and after making sure everybody around us (usually they're chaos because people are throwing rocks) is quiet and listening, he said, "Sometimes we want to help people, but we don't", which in this dream apparently was the same thing he had told me the dream before. Then I yelled at him for a while about how maybe he shouldn't expect so much from people in college who have zero money, maybe he could consider that we're trying to help in whatever ways we can. He never seems to listen to me. I told him that he had already told me that, and that if he didn't have something new to say, he should just go home and leave people alone. He appeared to have followers and cronies who were around to protect him.

And at some point, I always lose my temper and bop him on the head as hard as I possibly can in retaliation for what he did to that guy. I can never hit him very squarely, though, which is extremely frustrating, and i never phases him. I always yell at him for thinking it's okay to throw rocks; maybe he would get more people to listen to him if he didn't try to hurt them first. I would be more interested in what he has to say if he would stop throwing rocks at people.

Hopefully by writing this out, i will learn whatever it is Im suppose to learn from this, and then never have this stupid dream again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 Nephi 5

 When Nephi constructs the temple, they used what they had. (Verse 15) They couldn't construct the temple like Solomon did, with preciou...